Saturday 22 December 2012

DREAMS

-->
I talked to a friend this morning about my dreams. I guess you are all wondering what my dreams are, I want to be an author and possibly be a columnist in one of the Ugandan news papers then proceed to become international, I want to be a professional journalist, I believe I can also act because I am good at pretending and my body and face is perfect for modeling. Which of the above do I love the most?? That’s easy I have a passion for writing because I can easily express what I am feeling when I write, I am not very good at talking and those who are bothered to read get to know the real me. I believe in dreams and I try to think positively all the time, every day when I wake up I thank God for my dreams and I try to make sure that the day ends
when I have done something that pushes me towards achieving my dreams.

I do not usually tell people about my dreams because they are either going to laugh or discourage me, truthfully I hate people who think negatively and I try my best not to be in their company. Most people my age don’t believe in dreams, they believe in reading hard, (well of course we have to) but I see no point in reading hard when you have no skills in anything, the world we live in needs people with skills and creativity. There are few employment opportunities in the job market today, so if you are planning to finish university and apply for a job, you had better get geared up to sit at home for a while, we cannot always be job seekers, we have to be job makers as well. Who is going to provide for us jobs if we all sit at home and wait for opportunities, we have to learn to be assertive and use our minds to create for ourselves jobs. All I am trying to say is that you can apply for the job but don’t just sit at home and do nothing, look for opportunities elsewhere, be creative and you never know where you’ll end up.

To all those that are laughing at my dreams, “I am going to be your role model one day” and you will be laughing at yourself. I want to look back one day at this article and be like, “I achieved my dreams,” all your dreams can come true, you just have to have the courage to pursue them. The world is a scary place, with all kinds of people with bad intentions, not everyone wishes the best for you, that is why you should not be so fast at trusting just anyone because they might be the one to either crush or steal your dreams. Don’t let anyone steal your dream, it is yours not theirs, but you can let them be a part of it. Truth be told, people laugh at dreamers all the time but it is these dreamers that make the world what it is today. The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers but above all the world needs dreamers who do (one of my favorite quotes).     


4 comments:

  1. Creative writing at its best. Keep them flowing gal. Great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx mum,..... i really appreciate

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what Jojo, I too had dreams of being an author and I too wrote journals and novels during my high school years. In fact all my former schoolmates are surprised that I did not follow through with my dreams. I was an author at your age and everyone loved my stories!!! But much as I loved writing and still do, I doubted my talent more than I cared to persevere. Every time I would start to write, I'd get writers' block and then I was too shy to let anyone read my stuff, gradually, I lost my passion. I felt empty and so lost, long story short I know what it feels like to do what you love. All I can tell you is listen hard to yourself and do not be distracted by those who do not know you. Perfect your craft through constant practice, time will shape you beautifully. As for modeling, Girl your aunt is a professional photographer. love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay,,,, i am coming for a photo shoot soon... when i am done with my project....thanx,,,, love u too

      Delete