Monday 24 December 2012

MY TREASURE


Most people spend their entire lives looking for treasures and by treasures I mean, gold, diamonds, your loved ones; this can either be your mother, father, boyfriend/ girlfriend, sister/brother, cousin, aunt or uncle, grandparents. Maybe you have other suggestions for treasures, a treasure is meant to give you everything, be your everything but most of all give you happiness.

I was a very sad girl, quiet most of the time, I felt bad that I had bad teeth and could not smile like other people, I could not express my happiness, I was never myself. I was so withdrawn from the world. I loved playing with dolls, I would feel like I am in another planet because I hated the fact that I was alive but I had to deal with it because I was afraid of death. But I was beautiful, that is the only thing that gave me hope but it also took me time to accept my beauty. I started falling in love with myself slowly and other people fell in love with me as well.

So I started looking for happiness in various ways, I always tried to please my parents, I made friends with people that would do crazy things, prayed to God, bonded with my mum, I did my best in school to please teachers, joined the church choir, dated for a while until I got bored. I got tired of doing everything that was to please other people and decided to start pleasing myself that is when I started to experience happiness and people called me all sorts of things, starting with proud, selfish, braggart, self centered. And I felt absolutely nothing because I did not owe anyone anything.

The only person that I owe my happiness to is my mother, she was the one that gave birth to me, that I am now grateful for, she gave me the beauty that I have, paid my school fees and provided for me everything  that I have ever needed. The best gift of all is that she brought me up in the best way and I am proud to be her daughter and I hope that she is proud of me too. I took long to realize that my mother actually loves me, I realized it when she started taking me to the dentist to find a solution to my bad teeth that was around the age of nine. My teeth are a challenge to most dentists so we took long to find the best dentist to work on them and when we did, I was seventeen and the dentist decided that I was old enough to get artificial teeth, it is a painful process (that I am still going through) but it has made me and the people who care happy. My mum is my pride and joy if she ever leaves, my happiness will be gone, she has sacrificed a lot for me. 

My mother is my best friend, sister, my everything. She gave birth to me and made it her obligation to bring happiness into my life, she knew the sole reason why I was sad even though we never talked much about it. My mother is not the best person on earth but she is the best to me even though we have had our rough times but it is all part of growing up. My mother is my treasure. What is your treasure?  

3 comments:

  1. Hey young lady, this is good stuff. Have you actually told her how much you appreciate her to her face? I'm sure she will be soo happy to know how proud you are of her. I am such a proud aunty reading your blogs. Note: proof read your work before you post it, just a good habit to keep. KEEP THIS UP! :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx/..... she always reads my blog... buh i dont know when she will read this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. Thank you so very much. I appreciate you and I am glad you have found peace with yourself. Take care. lots of love,Mum

      Delete